Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Iphoto, when I want to "Assembly the book", I have the message The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.chameleon.componentGenerator error 8.)" or when I try to by it "Unable to assemble book"

In Iphoto, making a book, when I want to "assemble the book", I have the message : "Unable to Assemble Book. There is a problem with the photo with the filename "(null)".

All my filename are corrects.

What's happen?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:14 AM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2014 2:25 AM in response to Phil33139

I got this message too. I found out that I had placed a picture in the book that was merely a thumbnail and not a JPEG. Obviously for some reason that picture is corrupted and only shows up in the iphoto library as a thumbnail. When you try to view it in full screen you will see a blank page. If you find this picture and delete it from the photo book the error does not occur. I hope this resolves your problem because it did for me.

In Iphoto, when I want to "Assembly the book", I have the message The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.chameleon.componentGenerator error 8.)" or when I try to by it "Unable to assemble book"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.