Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide durations and builds when exporting to Quicktime

I ran across this question from 2006 that was never answered. I am a new user to Keynote. I am creating a weekly announcement loop for my church using Keynote, and I would like to export this loop as a Quicktime file so that I can upload it to our church website for people to look at during the week if they wish. I spent a great deal of time putting together this loop. Some slides are of longer duration than others because they have more information. When I go to export to Quicktime and choose fixed timing however, I have to set a global slide and build duration. Is there not a way to just export the file to Quicktime using the settings that I have already made?

Maybe I'm missing something here - again, I am new to this app.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:27 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2013 11:30 AM in response to Gary Scotland

I set "fixed timing" and tried setting the duration to "0", but I get an error beep and it won't let me press enter or click on anything else in the popup window.

One idea I had (but haven't had time to try) is to "record" the slideshow as if I were doing narration. That way, it would record my individual slide timings. I could then export the "recording".

I still would like to do this another way if it is possible.

Slide durations and builds when exporting to Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.