Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was updating to the new 6.1.1 update and my phone is plugged into my laptop. I now have a message saying my phone is in restore mode and I need to restore it to its original factory settings and to do this I will lose all info and data.Help!

I was updating to the new 6.1.1 update and my phone was plugged into my laptop. I now have a message saying my phone is in restore mode and I need to restore it to its original factory settings and to do this I will lose all info and data.Help!

I have tried turning the phone off and restarting. Nothing is working. It goes back to the screen that says Itunes and plug in. I dont; want to lose all my info,

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 12:16 PM

If you are using the iphone as designed then you will not lse anything as you should be syncing/transferring/importing all data/pics/music/etc to your computer regularly, most especially before attempting any update.

1 reply

I was updating to the new 6.1.1 update and my phone is plugged into my laptop. I now have a message saying my phone is in restore mode and I need to restore it to its original factory settings and to do this I will lose all info and data.Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.