Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete Safari lion book marks . does the cloud play a part?

How do i delete a safari bookmark I have 10 mountian lion mimi mac new

I tryed many times Apple support -open book menue select bookmark hit keyboard delete

nothing happens

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 6:50 AM

Triple-click the text on the line below to the clipboard, then copy it to the Clipboard (command-C):

~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist

Quit Safari. Disable Safari synchronization in iCloud, if applicable.

Select

Go Go to Folder

from the Finder menu bar. Paste (command-V) into the text box that opens, then press return.

A folder window should open with a file named "Bookmarks.plist" selected. Move the selected file to the Desktop, leaving the folder open.

Relaunch Safari. It will open with the default set of bookmarks. Delete them all. Select

File Import Bookmarks

from the Safari menu bar. Import from the bookmarks file you moved to the Desktop. Arrange the bookmark folders as you wish.

Re-enable synchronization if you disabled it. If Safari now performs normally, you can delete the old bookmarks file. Otherwise, quit Safari again and put back the file you moved, replacing the newer one with the same name. Close the Finder window and post again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2013 6:50 AM in response to Porkchoptwice

Triple-click the text on the line below to the clipboard, then copy it to the Clipboard (command-C):

~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist

Quit Safari. Disable Safari synchronization in iCloud, if applicable.

Select

Go Go to Folder

from the Finder menu bar. Paste (command-V) into the text box that opens, then press return.

A folder window should open with a file named "Bookmarks.plist" selected. Move the selected file to the Desktop, leaving the folder open.

Relaunch Safari. It will open with the default set of bookmarks. Delete them all. Select

File Import Bookmarks

from the Safari menu bar. Import from the bookmarks file you moved to the Desktop. Arrange the bookmark folders as you wish.

Re-enable synchronization if you disabled it. If Safari now performs normally, you can delete the old bookmarks file. Otherwise, quit Safari again and put back the file you moved, replacing the newer one with the same name. Close the Finder window and post again.

I can't delete Safari lion book marks . does the cloud play a part?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.