Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to add a new calendar to Mountain Lion iCal

I have two Macs using 10.6.8 and if I add a calendar to iCal on either Mac I have the choice of adding a calendar (or Calendar Group) "On My Mac" or in my "CalDev Calendars". I do have most of my calendars syncing via CalDev to my server. When I go to my 10.8.2 server to add a calendar, I only have an option to add a calendar to "CalDev Calendars" with no option of adding a Calendar Group.

How do I add a calendar (or Calendar Group) "On My Mac" and not in "CalDev Calendars" in Mountain Lion iCal?

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacMini Server(10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 8:35 AM

Ok I solved my own problem.

I only had "CalDev Calendars" on my server iCal, so I un-enabled the calendar account in iCal preferences, then added a calendar and an "On My Mac" calendar appeared. I re-enabled my "CalDev Calendars" in preferences and now I have both "CalDev Calendars" and "On My Mac" calendars on my server iCal. This also returned the menu items missing under "file" menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2013 8:35 AM in response to sysx

Ok I solved my own problem.

I only had "CalDev Calendars" on my server iCal, so I un-enabled the calendar account in iCal preferences, then added a calendar and an "On My Mac" calendar appeared. I re-enabled my "CalDev Calendars" in preferences and now I have both "CalDev Calendars" and "On My Mac" calendars on my server iCal. This also returned the menu items missing under "file" menu.

Trying to add a new calendar to Mountain Lion iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.