Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a new iPhone 5 yesterday and it already has 4GB of "other", how do I fix this?

Just upgraded from a 16GB iPhone 4 to a 32GB iPhone 5 yesterday. My 16GB iPhone 4 had the problem of about 6GB of "other" taking up space. One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade was to get rid of it so I could get rid of it. Second day of having my iPhone 5 and there is already 4GB of "other". I know it is a 32GB iPhone and 4GB isn't that big of a deal, but it is very annoying, especially when I had to pay $300 to make the upgrade. If anyone knows what "other" is, and how I can get rid of it, it would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:17 PM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2013 6:07 PM in response to Brenden_UNC

All of your pictures adn contact should be on your computer. Nothing should only be on your iphone. The iphone is not a storage device. it simply mirrors the selected content of your computer.

You should be syncing contacts to your computer regularly and importing all pics taken with the iphone to your computer regularly.

Have you failed to do this?

I just got a new iPhone 5 yesterday and it already has 4GB of "other", how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.