Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I export from final cut x pro trial?

I downloaded the trial version of Final Cut Pro X yesterday, I completed a project within the system. Now that I am trying to export it to YouTube, it's not allowing me to do so...in fact it wont let me "share" with any source (all of them are greyed out). My only 'export' button says 'export xml' which can't be read by youtube because it does not save as a .mov file. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:03 PM

9 replies

May 22, 2013 12:01 AM in response to crystaloveee

Hi - I had the same problem you once had - I have Final Cut Pro X. I completed a project tried to export, however ALL GREYED OUT - it's not allowing me to make any export ..in fact it wont let me 'share' to any option. (all of them are greyed out). I just finish a project a couple of hours befor hand and all was fine.
Any help would be great?

May 22, 2013 2:56 AM in response to Billy Murray

A note for the future: you may want to get in the habit of creating camera archives before you import into FCP X. This way, in addition to getting backups of your cards, you'll have accessible copies of them in a hard drive.

In this situation, you try and figure out which clips are missing by either looking for the icon with the yellow triangle warning, or by looking at the event folders and checking which of the media files are actually aliases (a very small size of just a few KB is an alias, for sure).

You may try to reimport the offending clips.

Take a look at this site, which gives an explanation of how to do it: http://revuptransmedia.com/index.php/component/content/article/40-tutorials/170- reimport

Why can't I export from final cut x pro trial?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.