Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple modify or remove the writing which is done by lase engraving on the back of the ipad?

HI,

I have received an ipad as a gift and on the back of that is some writing (6 words) .I want to know can is it possible to remove the writing ?or at least modify it to a flower shape or whatever?

Many Thanks,

SadeghAPP

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 3:41 AM

4 replies

May 28, 2015 10:50 AM in response to sadeghAPP

Personally? Given how thin the metal is and the delicateness of the electronics underneath put a cover or sticker over it and ignore it. I personally would not be taking power tools to a piece of metal that's millimeters from electronic chips and boards.

Another thing to bear in mind, if there is any warranty left to that iPad trying to remove the engraving may count as 'user abuse' and be a reason to void any warranty left if anything inside goes wrong.

Can Apple modify or remove the writing which is done by lase engraving on the back of the ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.