Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad (original) - delete previous recipients?

How do you remove "previous recipients" from iPad (original)? These are addresses used in past but are no longer valid. The iPad contacts were updated a long time ago so they are not there. I also removed them from iMac's contacts AND the iMac's previous recipient list, and sync'd the two devices. There appears to be no way to pull up and delete previous recipients list from iPad (original).

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 4:32 AM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2013 4:44 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

The email in question came to me from this person's new address. I removed her old contact info from Contacts on both iPad and iMac at least a month or more ago and have sync'd the two devices since then. I also removed her old address from previous recipients on iMac.

Problem was noticed after I sent her a new email using iPad - address that populated in To field was the old address. After typing first letter of name, dropdown appears - both old and new appear.

And I really don't want to have to reset the entire iPad. Surely there is a better answer?

Feb 14, 2013 4:49 AM in response to JLyn53

Two things...

First, this may simply be the Mail app picking here old address up from previous emails. Thos emails are not affected by what's in your Contacts App. This is a feature of most email apps to speed up the process.

Second, have your friend check to be sure she has set her "reply to" address correctly in her email account. If could be she has it set to her old address.

iPad (original) - delete previous recipients?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.