Skip navigation

Could Airport Extreme cause modem to lose Internet sync/DSL

173 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:32 AM by moebelli RSS
moebelli Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 14, 2013 6:32 AM

Okay, here is my situation.

I'm getting disconnected from Comcast something like 8 times a day. The Comcast modem loses sync, the DSL light goes amber -- the Internet is dead. 20 minutes later the DSL light comes back on, Internet is back. Yesterday at 8pm, I lost DSL for like an hour.

I have a call with Comcast, they're coming over in a few days,

Two things happened to my AE a week ago which could be causing the problem, if Comcast turns out to be fine.

One, I dropped my Airport Extreme like 3' to the floor by accident when moving it. ALSO I UPDATED TO THE NEW FIRMWARE.

The question I have...

Can a faulty AE or the new firmware cause modem disconnects, where you actually lose DSL? Or if the DSL light on your modem goes out, that for sure, it's an issue with your ISP?

It just seems odd all of this started happening with greater frequency this week, but it could be a Comcast issue.

Any help appreciated.

Moe

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.