Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there special precautions to take IPad on plane?

Any travel suggestions in regards to IPad would be welcome.

iPad, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 6:14 AM

7 replies

Feb 14, 2013 10:41 AM in response to RookieLyn

I've flown several times with mine with no problems. You don't have to place it out separately in a bin when going througy security . . . I asked. I leave it in my briefcase. I don't recall setting it to Airplane Mode during my last trip. And, the other posters are correct in saying that it would be easy to forget it in the seat pocket, so be careful. Otherwise, it's great entertainment. Remember to download movies beforehand.

Feb 14, 2013 10:46 AM in response to RookieLyn

Treat it no differently than you would treat it anywhere else that you are using it. Be careful as always, don't leave it unattended if you have to use the restroom, turn on AirPlane mode when instructed, and other than that - enjoy it. Having a movie or a couple of books - or games that you can play without WiFi - is a great way to pass the time on a flight.

Feb 14, 2013 11:00 AM in response to Demo

Now that we're up to what content to include, if you want to listen to any content make sure you bring earbuds/headphones. That's kind of a no-brainer when travelling with an iPod but it might not be on your usual list for your iPad. Noise-blocking ear buds or noise cancelling headphones would be preferred. Planes are louder than you might think.

Are there special precautions to take IPad on plane?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.