13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 2:02 PM by mikehende
mikehende Level 1 Level 1
expertise.notebooks
Notebooks

I have been having trouble with bootcamp and windows mainly becuase I need the Snow leopard OSX disk itself to get the windows support software, I was told to get it from the Apple store, cany anyone please confirm this is the correct one?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG

• laundry bleach Level 5 Level 5

Yes, it is. That is a full install disk for Snow Leopard.

Best of luck.

• mikehende Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

Thank you, I have ordered it, should be here tomorrow or the next day, will; reply back here if I should need any help or to let you guys know all went well.

• Shootist007 Level 6 Level 6

I wish you had follow my suggestion and called Apple to get a replacement set of original system disc.

The reason is that disc you order from Apple has only Snow Leopard version 10.6.3 and your Mac may need a later version of Snow Leopard, like 10.6.4, .5, .6 or .7 and that disc will NOT install the OS on your system.

Along with that the original system disc set contain a second disc for the iLife applications, "i" Photo, Movie, DVD, Web and Garage Band.

Without that second disc you can not install those iLife Apps unless you buy them from the Mac App Store at about $19.99 for each or the set of them on DVD from someplace like Amazon or eBay.

And if you buy it from the Mac App Store you can only get "i" Photo, Movie and Garage Band as Apple has stopped supplying "i" DVD and Web with the iLife Apps.

expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

Oh ****, I did not pay attention to that but I am still confused why the disc ordered will not install on my mac? I don't need any apps so that's not an issue, I bought the mac only to run my music softwares from it and no other reason.

What year Mac do you have? Model Year?

Did it originally come with Snow Leopard Pre-Installed, when it was New that is?

The reason it may not work is Apple ships Mac's with Specific DVDs to work with the hardware installed in the system. If your Mac came with a later version of Snow Leopard Pre-Install that Retail Upgrade disc will not have the correct drive set, Files, to boot the system.

expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

Cannot answer any of your questions unfortunately since as mentioned I bought it "used", the IT guy said it may be 2010 or early 2011 model. If the disc ordered does not work, I will ask for a replacement set since most likely what I ordered will have shipped already, I'll let you know, sorry for the mix up.

Go to the Apple Support site, the main support site (Link at the top of this page) and enter you seiral number and it it will tell you what model year your Mac is.

expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

Those ******** told me it was either a 2010 or 2011 unit, now I find out it's 2008! Here's the link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP5

Well Live and Learn, Caveat Emptor. Since it is a 2008 model that disc you order should be fine. Butnthen you still don't have the iLife Apps.

I requested this thread be moved to the Macbook PRO forum as you have a MBP and you will get more replies in that forum.

expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

But this doesn't say macbook "pro" anywhere on it?

Oh Ok I thought you have a Macbook Pro. No worries if you have any other problems with that system then post in the Macbook forum.

In any event you will get more readers of your threads if it is posted in the MBP forum as Apple hasn't made Macbook in a few years.

expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

Alright guys, all went like clockwork thanks to the help of both you guys here, BCA windows support installed in windows and I did not even have to configure anything, the rightclick works, the support you guys have given me is amazing, I really appreciate it, THANK YOU!