Skip navigation

Why can't I create a new version of a photo edited in an external application, without Aperture making a new copy of the newly created Tiff?

397 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 11:00 AM by Michael Kay RSS
Michael Kay Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 14, 2013 9:42 AM

When Aperture creates a new version from a RAW file, no new master file is created.  This makes total sense and I understand why.

When I edit a photo in an external editor (Photoshop CS6) from within Aperture, Aperture creates a Tiff file to edit in Photoshop and saves it along with the RAW original once I have finished editing it in Photoshop.  I understand why this is necessary too.  So far so good.

But if I then ask Aperture to create a new version from the newly created image edited via Photoshop, it creates another new Tiff.  I can't see why this is necessary.  Aperture should be able to apply further new Aperture edits to the newly created Tiff in the same way that it creates new versions from a RAW file without duplicating the master - by remembering any new 'recipe' changes applied to the Tiff.  It only needs to remember the edits made as the Tiff already now exists.

Can I stop it creating repeat Tiff files each time I create a new version from the Photoshoped photos?

Thanks in anticipation.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, Apple Magic Trackpad/Wired Keyboard

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.