Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I run migration assistant on my PC, I get a message saying windows mail is running and won't let me proceed. Windows Mail is not running. I checked Task Manager's applications, services and processes and found no references to Window's Mail.

Got a new iMac 27" for Christmas (well a little after) and tried using Migration Assistant to transfer some files. I can't get past a window on the PC that pops up indicating Quit Other Programs Before you can transfer your information, the following programs must be shutdown: Windows Mail Close these programs and run Migration Assistant again. If these programs do not appear to be running, restart your computer and try again.

I've rebooted. I've searched Task Manager - Applications, Processes and Services and there are no references to WMail. I don't or haven't knowingly used Windows Mail and Outlook isn't even installed on my PC. Does anybody know how to get around this without using external drives, USB flashdrives, etc.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), Windows 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 7:45 AM

1 reply

When I run migration assistant on my PC, I get a message saying windows mail is running and won't let me proceed. Windows Mail is not running. I checked Task Manager's applications, services and processes and found no references to Window's Mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.