Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Gen 2 touch was running IOS 5 or higher but when I updated to latest version of iTunes on syncing it rolled it back to 4.2.1 so now over half my apps wont sync.

My Gen 2 touch was running IOS 5 or higher but when I updated to latest version of iTunes on syncing it rolled it back to 4.2.1 so now over half my apps wont sync.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 9:56 AM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2013 1:33 PM in response to KMF4

Most likely those were old versions of the apps and when you upgraded iTunes, it also downloaded the latest versions of the apps which now require a newer version of iOS. As Diesel said, a 2nd-generation iPod touch cannot run iOS 5. If you have backup copies of those older versions, delete the newer versions and put the older versions back, then don't update your apps.

Regards.

Feb 18, 2013 3:50 AM in response to KMF4

No one forced you to update the apps on the device or in iTunes.

If you still have the old versions of the apps, delete the new versions from iTunes and put the old versions back, then sync the device. The vast majority will work as long as the app developer allows the old version to work.

But frankly, you'd be better off to upgrade to newer, more current hardware. The 3G is horribly slow and ancient at this point.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.