Skip navigation

iPhoto images after burning a disc

169 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 8:33 AM by Terence Devlin RSS
pdrcourious Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 14, 2013 12:27 PM

I burned a part of last year's images to a disc but do not get the result I wished.

As seen in in the screenshot below, I selected two maps with albums. Map "Trips" (=n°4) contains 2 albums; the map "Friends" (=n°5) has 7 albums:

Schermafbeelding 2013-02-14 om 16.51.40.png

On the contrary after burning these 2 maps and 9 albums the disc displays only 'numbered' maps in consecutive colums:

Schermafbeelding 2013-02-14 om 17.59.45.png

Schermafbeelding 2013-02-14 om 18.01.50.png

What I expected and wished for were these maps to display the names of the selected maps/albums instead!

Column 4 should mention the maps original names "Trips" and "Friends", column 5 their corresponding albums (respectively 2 and 7), and column 6 their respective thumbnails.

How come and why those differences in data between my selection in the iPhoto Library and the ones on the burned disc? In any case I would like to understand the way a disc processes the selected images.

For sure it is highly impratical to have a disc processed and burned without the proper names identifiying the maps/albums. In any case iPhoto's own helpfiles are of no help on this issue.

As I am postponing the burning of other maps and albums I would truly appreciate any helpful reaction.

Would 'Toast' resolve my problem?

Thanks

• Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,765 points)
    Feb 14, 2013 12:55 PM (in response to pdrcourious)

The disk is designed to be read in iPhoto and not the FInder. Pop it in the machine, it should show up in the iPhoto Window. Does it? Click on it. Does it behave as expected?

FWIW: Optical Disks corrode. Computers with optical disk readers are going away. Within a few years it will be hard to find a computer that can read or work with these disks. They are not a long-term solution to back up.

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,315 points)
    Feb 14, 2013 1:52 PM (in response to pdrcourious)

Here's a screenshot of how to access that CD burned from iPhoto as TD described:

iPhoto001.jpg

OT

• Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,765 points)
    Feb 15, 2013 8:33 AM (in response to pdrcourious)

1. The Folders do not have random numbers. They are the date and time the files were imported.

2. Previews are only created for Edited photos, thumbnails can refer to any of three images, depending on the view you use - in the main iPhoto Window, in the bar when you edit a photo and so on.

3. See above.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.