Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advise on creating a server message app to view all message activity on server itself

Recently I've been playing around with the messages part of OS X Server. I must say i find it quite cool. I have set it up and it's all working fine. I've only ever done some really simple C++ scripts and what not, but I plan on creating an app that opens the message logs and displays them as a simple chat. So basically allow the server to see all the messages being sent. Dont worry its only a home server im not going to use it to spy on anyone :L All i need is a bit of advise. Firstly is this possible, it seems like a simple enough idea so it shouldnt be too difficult, secondly what language should i write it in, thirdly any advise what so ever on how i wouod write this. Please dont link extremely easy lean to code websites. Thanks 🙂 I think it's quite a cool idea i will link the app if i ever get it working if anyone would be interested.

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 1:16 PM

There are no replies.

Advise on creating a server message app to view all message activity on server itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.