Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BAD static and background noise on Amplitube, with iRig and iPad 3

Hi all,

This has been dealt with in a different forum on garageband, but I am interested to find out if others are having this issue. To note - this is with

Amplitube

iRig

Ipad 3 ( this part is important )

Scenario;

If I uplug my guitar from my iRig (idea being to remove all external noise influences) I get a constant clicking and fuzz (seems to sit around 160bpm). Making sure its not the inbuilt metronome, and going to IK's website to follow all directions specifically and exactly - this noise will not go away. If i record a track - the noise gets recorded with, and it can be easily reproduced in the following scenario -> an ipad3, iRing and amplitube. In fact, i have tried various IK Multimedia apps ( ampkit, iRig Recorder and Amplitube free and purchased!) and the noise seems to be consistent with their software.!

First off - i went back to the music store, who tried various iRig's - all had the same issue. We even tried my iRig in the store's own iphone - and it sounded perfect. So it wasnt the irig itself.

In tandem with this above - i had raised a case with IK multimedia ( Ticket #311578 ) who after hearing about the music store episode - mentioned that it must be my ipad. So i made a booking with apple and off to the store i went.

Apple noticed the noise straight away (and its loud in there during lunch breaks!) - and replaced my Ipad3 on the spot!. No questions asked (he even thanked for doing so much background work to identify the issue)

Guess what - noise still there.

Apple then tried an ipad1, ipad2 and ipad mini - all of which DID NOT have this issue. So, it is only the ipad3.

Apple then (to their credit) raised it higher within apple to R&D, who spent a week on it and responded by saying ( and i quote ) " Nothing has specifically changed between the headphone jack on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation or ipad mini, so it is a compatibility issue between your iring and your device and the 3rd generation ipads, and please contact the company (IK Multimedia) to see if they have any solutions for that"

So i then responded the IK multimedia. What did they do?? They closed the case without any communication. I waited a week ( thinking they would be working on it ), when i logged back in and saw that my last email had been doctored to look like i was a happy customer and apple was at fault........ nice.

So i wrote back and re-opened the case. They responded by saying

"We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, in this case, it appears the issue may have to be followed up with Apple, not with IK Multimedia"

Not sure what to do - its really really bad. If I turn a distortion pedal on, or try to record anything - it drives me crazy. Even my girlfriend who knows ZIP about anything technical said "Whats that clicking noise when you play guitar?"

Im just looking for some others out there who may have this problem. As it is easily reproducable - surely I cant be the only one?

love to hear from you

Trav

ps - I tried to post this in IK Multimedia's blog, but they locked it so no-one could respond. nice.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 2:07 PM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2013 2:01 PM in response to travart

I have looked into this ticket, the threads created and our support notes.

1 - We have tested all of our iRig products with the new iPad 3 and they all work fine with AmpliTube.

2 - Any thread created on the IK forums are locked once passed to support.

3 - We are more than happy to work with Apple as we have done in the past. Hook the support up with Apple support and we'll work on it.

4 - Support referred you to Apple as the issue is with the iOS device and not our product. (Confirmed by your own testing at the apple store)

If there is something we can do to help, we will do it. Period. We want our customers to be happy and make good music. If you'd like a new iRig, lets make an exchange happen. Want to try different one, lets work out the price difference, but the issue here isn't with AmpliTube or iRig.

Mar 23, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Digitial13

I invested too heavily in IK products (iRig + Amplitube Bound + iRig Blueboard etc) to the stage at the time know that the products are s h i t ... I feel cheated. False marketing!

Both the iPad 3, iPhone 5 as in the problem is the same! Terrible noise / hiss.

Say they have to turn off the Bluetooth / wifi... C o c k !!! I invested $500 bucks in iRig Blueboard to know that I can not use because Bluetooth interfere with noise?

BAD static and background noise on Amplitube, with iRig and iPad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.