Skip navigation

Slow wifi streaming iphone5

3437 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 3:32 PM by ali105 RSS
HomerJ324 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Help please.

I have an iPhone 5 that experiences slow streaming over Wi-Fi. I would say it’s started from day one and never got better. I currently own an iPhone 3GS, 4S and iPad2 that don’t experience this problem.

When I connect to any Wi-Fi network including Apple’s store network, after 5 mins videos played in YouTube no longer buffer or buffer very slow with jerky playback. When I switch to 3G it loads with no problems and I am not with the fastest telco. My current download speed at home is 20Mbs and I am not loading HD content.

I have don’t heaps of research and tried the following:

1. Re-set my router 2.4g and 5g
  2. Tired a new router 2.4g and 5g
  3. Various security settings on the router
  4. Re-set my phone and restored (took 4 days)
  5. Re-set my phone and tested while in out of box state
  6. Re-set network settings on my phone
  7. Test it at the apple store

Finally Apple replaced my phone and that too is doing the same thing, plus I think the battery has capacity issues now.

Just taken another step back.

As anybody got any ideas as to why I am having this issue with streaming? Is there a fix?

Regards,

Michael

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1
  • ali105 Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 3:32 PM (in response to HomerJ324)

Please help. I am also facing this problem.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.