Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro Failed to launch--Core Audio

I installed Logic Express 9 to my PPC 10.5.8 Mac... My Pro Tools 8 works fine but when i try to launch Logic it freezes while it is trying to initialize the Core Audio after which time it crashes... I have already sent the report but I am losing hope that this problem will be resolved... I have tried to update everything and reinstall completely to no avail... I am even now trying to download a new version just so I can see if that will work...

PowerMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 3:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2013 6:23 PM in response to Gram-Pa

It's probably going to be the Digidesign Drivers that you are using that are causing this issue... Unfortunately the Digi drivers (easpecially the older ones for PPC) were known to be somewhat problematic to say the least..

All I can say is make sure you are using the latest version of their drivers that still works with your PPC...

The other issue might well be that LE9 wasn't officially supported by Apple on PPC. It will run.. and for most, without issue up to v9.0.2... After that it became Intel only.... but as I said, it's not officially supported. LE8.0.2/L8.0.2 were the last officially supported versions on PPC Macs...

My bet would be on the Digi drivers though!

Logic Pro Failed to launch--Core Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.