Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can chrome work on os x10.4.11

hey just wanded a quicker search engieen/web and couldn't download chrome because i am on powerpcg4 os x10.4.11 and was wondering if they had on orignal version that would work

thanks

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), USING MICROSOFT 1362

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 2:38 PM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2013 10:31 AM in response to joefleet1999

Having owned a PowerBook G4 for some time now and trying to make the best of it, I've come to gather a lot of knowledge on the web browsers you have available to you. Here's a short version:

TenFourFox is going to be your best choice for content heavy sites that use things like Flash (although you'll have to reactive the Flash plugin in the newest version of this browser). It's a PowerPC version of FireFox 17 and works great.

TenFourKit is a project that's dedicated to keeping the webkit on your computer up-to-date since support was dropped years ago. You can run it as a standalone web browser, it will come up as Safari 4 and behave entirely as such.

Camino is another FireFox based browser but it's based on FF 4 so it's growing very long in the tooth right now. It also doesn't support addons.

There's many many more but I don't have time to rewrite a large article I wrote long ago. Let me find a link to it..

Here ya go, I put a lot of work into this. I should update it... http://timemachine.myapplespace.com/profiles/blogs/web-browsing-on-ppc-has-never -been-better

can chrome work on os x10.4.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.