Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 6th gen nano not syncing correctly.

was having some issues the other day so i get off work, hook up the ipod and start the sync again and 8 hours later it was still syncing the same song. about 80% complete after 8 hours...thanks for the help

iPod nano (6th generation), Purchased Repurbished

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 5:32 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Aukina

problem fixed. try this.

start syncing your ipod. WHILE it's syncing, change setting on the ipod in the middle of the sync. i guess this way it forces the ipod to start transfering settings/data instead of laying stagnant not syncing...

the settings i changed were enable disc use. turning it off/on and applying the change while the ipod is syncing. i did that and switched the conversion rate and applied that too. then i changed the setting back and applied that. then i started deleting certain songs from the ipod while it was syncing. after about 5 songs i noticed the ipod was no longer stuck on the second song like it was and it was on song 22 and viola.

hope this helps. so you should be able to keep altering setting and forcing the ipod to transfer data until it works. good luck. i miss the old itunes too..

ipod 6th gen nano not syncing correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.