Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download songs already purchased?

I recently had some issues with my iPhone and had to get a new one. The music that I have on my laptop that I am currently syncing on my iPhone is not all of my purchases. When I go into iTunes on my iPhone to download songs that are not on my iPhone or my computer but I have already purchased, iTunes only gives me the PURCHASED icon and will not let me download them. How can I download them?

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 9:25 PM

6 replies

Feb 14, 2013 9:40 PM in response to Jiri Krecek

This is at your iTunes Store on your PC or Mac

Click on PURCHASED

User uploaded file

This is what you'll see in the Purchased section.

You can toggle on the right side between Not on This Computer to download that media which is missing on this PC or you can choose All which will show all content which you have ever purchased and which is still available on iTunes. If it's been removed from iTunes store (expired contract with certain media company, etc...), you won't obviously be able to re-download it.

Typical example would be Harry Potter audiobooks. I bought them all, but iTunes no longer sells them due to loss of contract, so I cannot re-download them.

User uploaded file

Pay attention to your download bandwidth. Some ISPs limit your GB, so plan it ahead, if you are re-downloading a lot of movies or shows. It adds up very quickly.

Jun 1, 2015 3:06 AM in response to njkwilson

Have you checked to see if they are hidden : Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

And are you viewing 'All' or 'Not In My Library' section in Purchased ? The 'Not In My Library' section will not show songs that are still listed in the music part of your library, even if you no longer have the actual music files on that computer.

How to download songs already purchased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.