Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applescript solution for photos with pixelated thumbnails scanned on earlier Mac ?

Photos scanned on an earlier Mac with an earlier OS have pixelated thumbnails though when opened the picture is perfect.

User uploaded file

I posted this originally in the ML forum and Barney told me to Get Info and delete the thumbnail, which then allows a new one to be generated.

However, I have hundreds of photos and it will take ages by this method.

He suggested enquiring here about using Applescript to do it automatically.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Little knowledge... many opinions.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 5:44 AM

I have just had second thoughts and selected ALL the photos, clicking cmd-opt-I and believe it or not, just one Get Info window opened representing all of them!

One deletion and every thumbnail was renewed.

WARNING TO OTHERS! Do not control-click all the pictures and select Get Info otherwise your desktop will be inundated with hundreds of Get Info windows.

Luckily I was aware of this and did not do it!

If in doubt always check with a few photos selected to see what happens.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2013 5:44 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

I have just had second thoughts and selected ALL the photos, clicking cmd-opt-I and believe it or not, just one Get Info window opened representing all of them!

One deletion and every thumbnail was renewed.

WARNING TO OTHERS! Do not control-click all the pictures and select Get Info otherwise your desktop will be inundated with hundreds of Get Info windows.

Luckily I was aware of this and did not do it!

If in doubt always check with a few photos selected to see what happens.

Applescript solution for photos with pixelated thumbnails scanned on earlier Mac ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.