Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4S 6.1.1 Battery life still a MAJOR issue as is the heat is generates

Okay so having had my phone turned into a 6 hour countdown timer with 6.1 I updated to 6.1.1 in the hope that this resolved the issue. It has not and consequently my phone is still just an expensive timer/handwarmer. It runs itself flat in 6 hours or less getting VERY hot in the process and the only way round it is to switch off push for the iCloud, and it is only Apple's iCloud account I have on for contacts and calendars. The Calendar in particluar has been trashed since the 6.1 update and does not sync correctly at all now rendering it all but usless. Very very dissappointed and now considering an Experia and using dare I say it Google calendars, I really dont want to as I have had all the iPhones since initial release apart from the 5 and they have, up until the 6.1 performed perfectly. Very poor response from Apple they should at the least have made previous IOS available until the a proper fix was available.

Is anyone else still suffering the ridiculous battery life and does switching off Push on the iCloud workaround/sort it? though this is not a fix as it removes a major part of the functionality

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 5:48 AM

There are no replies.

4S 6.1.1 Battery life still a MAJOR issue as is the heat is generates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.