Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get iWeb to load on either computer, one running 10.5 and the other 10.6

I need to make an independent web page for my DAR chapter and upload it through them. I cannot get iWeb to load. It will open and then freezes. I've tried it n both the iMac and the iBook with the same results. What am I doing wrong?

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 6:20 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2013 9:58 AM in response to Barbara Mckeel

Try the following:

1 - delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iWeb's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

3 - launch iWeb and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If that doesn't help continue with:

1. move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
  2. launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
  3. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
  4. move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.
  5. launch iWeb and try again.

OT

I cannot get iWeb to load on either computer, one running 10.5 and the other 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.