Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored with iCloud and now possibly hacked

Hi guys,

So I just did a restore from iCloud because after the latest update something happened and iTunes asked me to wipe the iPhone, I did but then I started getting this messages of many different Apple ID Password which I just would have to put my password, it just isnt any of mine, this has never happened before, I've just been pressing cancel and it stoped, then I picked up the phone again and started all over again.

I'm attaching pics for reference. Please help! Has my phone been hacked?

PS: there were lots of them and the adresses all look very phishy

Thank you

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Time Capsule, Apple TV2, iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 8:24 AM

9 replies

Feb 15, 2013 8:42 AM in response to wjosten

Thnaks, it didnt help and I just realized that all the pop up screens will not let me use the phone until it stops.

What I just did:

I signed off of itunes and turned the phone off, turned back on and didnt sign on itunes as prompted, still got all the pop ups for Apple ID.

Did it again, this time did sign in iTunes with my id and still getting the pop ups....

getting frustrated!

Feb 15, 2013 10:14 AM in response to wjosten

This is very messed up! I restored the phone to factory settings via iTunes and played for a bit with it and it seemed ok, I didnt add any apps so it just had the preset ones and my bookmarks.

I restarted it again and choosed an iCloud back up from yesterday and things got messed up again.

It really seems this is an iCloud problem!

Feb 25, 2013 6:05 AM in response to eleinys

I didn't see this when you posted but I know exactly what it is.

Basically, it means you have music from the iTunes Store that was not purchased using your AppleID.

Each of these email addresses that pops up is the AppleID of the iTunes Store account used to purchase a track that is trying to be restored to your phone by iCloud. To prevent piracy, Apple checks that you are the legitimate owner of the music and asks you for the password for the tracks iTunes Store account if it doesn't match the one your device is set up with.

If you look though your iTunes Library, you will find these tracks purchased by these other AppleIDs. The only way to prevent being asked for the password for these tracks you don't own, is to delete them from your iTunes Library. Next time you do a backup and restore from iCloud, you won't get these prompts.

Restored with iCloud and now possibly hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.