Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Office 365 calendars not showing up in iCal

We are using Microsoft's Office 365 and have users with a variety of devices and applications (Mac/iCal/Mail, Windows/Outlook, iPhone, Android, etc.).

I am the administrator of the Exchange accounts. I have created four calendars that are viewable by everyone within our organization (just general "company-wide calendars").

Users with Outlook are able to view those shared calendars just fine. However, I'm not able to add the shared calendars with users using iCal.

If I add them as a delegate, they can see all my calendars, but if I just share the calendar, they get a "no access" error.

Here's where I'm setting the shared calendar permissions. I've tried setting them as Reviewer, setting the Default as Reviewer, and setting them as Owner.

Because it works fine in Outlook, I'm wondering if it's an iCal problem. For cross-referencing purposes, here's my issue at Office 365's community: Shared calendars not showing up in Apple iCal

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 8:11 AM

21 replies

Mar 16, 2017 2:53 AM in response to Limeade

I've had this problem too!

I'm an Outlook 365 user and my boss who's an iCAL user could not see my calendar. I tried various permissions and sharing with no success. BUT i did find when I gave custom REVIEWER permission, this did fix the problem. Although this gives the user FULL DETAILS, they don't actually get to see my private calendar events.

Apr 24, 2017 7:33 PM in response to Limeade

This is an issue with the Apple Calendar App. For this to work with Office 365, you can to show all details in the calendar. Additionally, if you want someone to mange your calendar, you have to give edit access. You cannot use the additional choices offered by Outlook.

There are two products that you can use that give you the same functions at Outlook....BusyCal and Fantastical. If you are on o365, Outlook is your best choice because it is included in your licensing. Unfortunately, Apple has yet to make a good enterprise solution.

Aug 27, 2013 6:38 AM in response to Limeade

Hi All, after much trial and tribulation, this works for me on BusyCal. It is an app you can get on the apple store.

Calendar should be created then shared with the busycal user. The link does not work, but add exchange account as you would on Mac Calendar under preference>accounts. The go to the sharing tab and click plus and type in email of person who shared calendar. It will auto populate. For some reason it does not work under delegation in Mac Calendar

The key and where I spent 4 days on the phone with apple and office 365, is that the owner of the calendar has to share their calendar, named :"calendar" They can just click the permission "show availability only." Once they do that, any other calendars they have created and added you as full permissions or details, you can see. I see nothing on their calendar called "calendar" Not the perfect solution, but it works. BusyCal is $30

If this does not make sense feel free to message me or I will respond here.

May 14, 2014 10:32 AM in response to Limeade

Any updates on this - I can't believe that OSX Mavericks, the NEWEST release and Microsoft's Office 365, the NEWEST release, are still playing these baby games of quarks and bugs that each point to the other for fault.

Oh wait, now we can buy a $50 program off the AppStore that can do this FOR US!? Wait-what?

Spent last 2 hours on Google trying to find the perfect verbal formula to search on, this is the best return I've found. There has to be a way to get iCal to view "Other Users Folders" via Office 365.. without paying $50 to some 3rd party App.

May 16, 2014 9:56 AM in response to Limeade

So I am going to try and explain how I got this to work. My co-workers created additional calendars under "my calendars" and they named these new sub-calendars specific to events. When they tried to share that specific calendar with me I could not get access in iCal (no access). After numerous attempts it crossed my mind that they needed to give me permissions to the primary "Calandar". Once they did this I received all of their sub calendars, which maybe an issue with some people, but it works now.

Sep 4, 2014 9:23 AM in response to Limeade

I have a shared office 365 calendar that doesn't appear on my colleagues iPads.

It appears on mine and on their email web application but not in the calendar on iPad.

I have shared both the calendar I want them to view and my main "calendar" (as detailed in the responses above) but neither appear on the list of available calendars on their iPad.

Calendar is turned "on" in settings.

It works on the "owa" application but would like the shared calendar to appear on the calendar app on their iPads.

Any further advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

Shared Office 365 calendars not showing up in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.