Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

long story, short: stolen, jailbroken, confused, and now frozen >.<

ok so i had lost my ipod at school and when i had picked it up from the lost and found my boyfriend said it was jailbroken but i didnt see how so i thought i had gotten rid of the jailbroken utilities so i tried to update it and now it wont turn on! it is stuck on a screen that says to plug it into to itunes i already have and it wont even restore!! ughh im so upset i love my ipod and i really want to fix it since i wasnt the one who broke it! so heartbroken!</3

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 12:05 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2013 12:25 PM in response to KittenKutthroat

If the iPod simply won't power on because it's out of power, leave it on charge for a few hours. At first you won't see any response from it for at least thirty minutes.

However, if the problem is caused by a jailbreak, there's nothing we can do to help. Discusssions concerning jailbreaking are not allowed on the Apple forum, and none of us have any idea how the iPod will react once jailbroken.

long story, short: stolen, jailbroken, confused, and now frozen >.<

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.