Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ProRes and other set-ups have disappeared from FCP6, help?

Some of my additional set-ups no longer show up in the easy set-up menu. I think It has something to do with my compressor because prores is displayed in my project browser in its little en-dian format (apsc), but I just get a green picture upon playback! My concern is that it has only just started to act like this, I editied a prores project in November and everything worked. I'm positive I haven't deleted anything (but have recently installed Magic Bullet), and have tried the obvious options (redownloading updates, copying set-ups from another machine and rebooting) but I'm stuck, ****** off and have run out of ideas. Has anyone had any similar issues with FCP6?

Also just tried to encode some h264 to prores (LT) using Mpeg streamclip and got this error message: Error:Cant open compressor

FCP 6.0.6

4x2.5GHz PowerPC G5

8GB DDR2 SDRAM

OSX 10.5.8

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 12:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2013 1:48 PM in response to AddFletch86

did you install any apps or do any os or app updates recently?

I'd suggest running disk utility: drive repair on your startup drive. You'll have to boot off of another drive to do this. Also, run diskwarrior on it, if you've got it

www.alsoft.com

You should really create a bootable clone of your startup drive when everything's working properly so you can restore your system to a working state quickly,.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2494

My ProRes and other set-ups have disappeared from FCP6, help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.