Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my icloud account on iPhone

I recently reset my iphone at with the help of the Genius Bar staff and now I notice that I have a different email address and password on icloud on my iphone than I have on my ipad and MacBook Pro. I want to change the iphone icloud information so that it aligns with my laptop and ipad. Any help wouldl be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Have MacBookPro, iPad and iPhone 3G

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 6:23 PM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2013 6:28 PM in response to 4most

You have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in using the account you want. If all your data is already in the other account, when you are prompted, you can choose Delete from My iPhone.

If, however, you need to migrate any data you are syncing with the current iCloud to the new iCloud account, when prompted be sure to choose Keep on My iPhone. Then, when you sign into the other account and turn on your iCloud syncing again, choose Merge to merge this data with the data in the account you are signing into.

Feb 15, 2013 6:34 PM in response to randers4

Thank you for your advice. I just need a bit more clarification. Some of my apps like iWork don't have ll the information that I have on my ipad or icloud. I think this is because I used the wrong account for icloud when we were resetting it. Therefore my assumption is that I would simply delete this account and sign back on with the same account I have been using on icloud, my Mac and my ipad. Is my assumption correct?

Feb 15, 2013 6:39 PM in response to 4most

If you have any iWork documents in the iCloud account that your phone is currently using that you want to save, you will need to do this before deleting the account or you will lose them. If, however, all the iWork documents are in the account that your iPad and Mac are using, you should be able to access them after deleting the current account from your phone, then signing into the other account.

How do I change my icloud account on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.