Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am on iOS 4, how do I update to iOS5 and later as several of the apps are not working now. Thank you

I am on iOS 4, how do I update to iOS5 and later as several of the apps are not working now. Does anyone know how to upgrade to at least iOS5. I am on version 4.3.5 now and it is a iPad2 16M. Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3, Veraion should be 4.3.5 instead

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 7:22 PM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2013 7:24 PM in response to JL007sg

Upgrading iOS

1. How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

2. iPhone Support

3. iPod Touch Support

4. iPad Support

a. Updating Your iOS to Version 6.0.x from iOS 5

Tap Settings > General > Software Update

If an update is available there will be an active Update button. If you are current,

then you will see a gray screen with a message saying your are up to date.

b. If you are still using iOS 4 Updating your device to iOS 5 or later.

c. Resolving update problems

1. iOS - Unable to update or restore

2. iOS- Resolving update and restore alert messages

Feb 15, 2013 9:26 PM in response to Kappy

Dear Demo and Kappy, thank you for the instruction. Yes, I can only use option b but I have a new challenge. I need to back up my data and I do not have iCloud. To install iCloud, I need iOS 5. Is there another way to back up my data. I do not have a lot, only notes, calendar, PDF files and YouTube favorites. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2013 6:41 PM in response to Demo

Now I have a new problem. I am unable to install iTunes or iCloud on my Windows 7 on the Lenovo Thinkpad x201i. It gives me an error message "There is a problem with this Windows intaller package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I am on iOS 4, how do I update to iOS5 and later as several of the apps are not working now. Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.