Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Retention on 2013 Retina MacBook Pros?

Hi all,

If you've purchased a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro, can you let us know:

1) Do you experience Image Retention?

2) Is your screen made by LG or Samsung?

This info will help a lot of us looking to buy a rMBP and avoid the IR issue in early models. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Image Retention

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 8:37 PM

9 replies

Mar 11, 2013 8:54 AM in response to TonyWG

have you guys seen any image rettention or fan issues with the 13" retina i7 processors with the 512 GB SSD?

I have the fan issues with the 15 2013 retina so i returned it and gone to an i7 air with 512 gb ssd... i miss the retina screen and would like to consider the 13 inch retina if no one has seen any issues...not sure if there are any long term issues with these retina laptops...

would like to hear your thoughts

Mar 11, 2013 8:58 AM in response to mohanfromajax

If you just glance over the super-long thread that I mentioned, you'll see that even some of those with the 'new' Retina 13" are still having image retention problems.

I just wouldn't buy a Retina model at this time - unless you're prepared to deal with IR. And even then, I don't like the totally 'closed' system or the fact that you're limited to 8GB of RAM...

Just my 2¢...

Clinton

Mar 11, 2013 10:59 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

thanks..

makes my decision to keep the new air i7 I bought without playing the roulette game with the retina's...its a shame apple is having such issues with the retina lineup...thought the second generation models released this year would have all the major issues ironed out....i guess apple wont be getting the additional $300 i was going to spend to get the retina...

Dec 6, 2013 7:58 AM in response to TonyWG

I have no idea how to tell who makes my screen. help?

OK, here's my concern. I did the test on my NEW 13" RMP and it does have the image retention issue. Now it seems to go away after a few seconds. So is this something to really be concern with or is just OCD? A lot of people here are much smarter than me so I hope you guys can help.

Image Retention on 2013 Retina MacBook Pros?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.