Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes for windows rt

I have just been given a microsoft surface and realised it is windows rt OS. Is there any way to install itunes on this?

microsoft surface-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 9:45 PM

9 replies

Apr 29, 2013 3:43 PM in response to laladida

How to install iTune on windows surface RT?

I believe half of the buyers will walk away if someone tells them ‘…you cannot install iTune on it, and you cannot manage your iPhone or iPad from it.’

The reason I mistakenly brought the MS Surface RT is because Microsoft tells us ‘Surface RT is the ultimate entertainment tablet, you’ll never run out of ways to play…’ but Microsoft never tells us ‘This pad cannot install any other software; This pad cannot be used to manage your mobile phone or other mobile devices; This pad cannot be used for organizing your media files if they are not from MS store. Over all this pad cannot allow you to do things like you do on other windows controlled laptop or pad!!’.

What should I do now?

My case is I suggested my boss bought a RT for his kids as the Xmas gift last year, but now that ‘ultimate tablet’ lay down in the draw since they find ‘it can surf on internet and it can do word document and Excel spread sheet, and… that’s all!!’

Mar 14, 2013 5:29 PM in response to mende1

I know the question was answered long ago, but I wanted to point out that you are not limited to only installing apps via the Windows Store. As long as the application is built to run on RT, you can install via a classic installer, or by simply copying the .exe (and any dependencies) onto the device.

Technically then, if Apple did want to build iTunes for Windows RT, they could easily distribute it via the iTunes download page. Of course, I have to accept that the chances an RT version of iTunes are practically 0.

Message was edited by: difficultmass

itunes for windows rt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.