Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead MacBook Pro !!

Oh No !! My MBP just died.....:-(

In the middle of plugging in my ipad mini, I plugged in the USB cable and the MBP just died, went black. No sleep light, won't switch on again, no green lights on the charge indicator at all, no charging light if I plug in the power cord. Nothing. Just a black screen. And I'm stuck at a remote location for another 2 weeks....

Help !

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Win 8 Bootcamp AND with Parallels

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 9:56 PM

16 replies

Jun 17, 2013 2:33 PM in response to neyugneev

Try a different power supply. I was having lots of problems with an older macbook, thought its battery had worn out etc, then tried a newer power supply and bingo the good performance came back. If you try another supply and get nothing, just wait a while a try again (a few days). Maybe some crazy capacitor in the macbook needs to discharge or something. Mine just came back to life after 3-4 days (if I remember rightly) and hasn't died since.

Jun 23, 2013 9:59 AM in response to Blewyn

The exact same thing happened to me. The night before leaving for overseas, I plugged in my iPad Mini and my MBP died. No lights or sound. Nothing. Took it to an apple store three hours before my flight and they fixed it. They said it was the MagSafe Powert part or something inside the MBP. They replaced it and all was well. My MagSafe power cord was fine all along but something must've happened to its corresponding part inside the MBP. At the time I didn't even think about the iPad Mini having anything to do with it. Just thought it was a coincidence.

I'm now overseas on a remote island off the coast of Sicily. MBP working well ... Until I plugged in my iPad Mini. The MBP died again.

It doesn't respond to the SMC reset nor did it last time.

I will leave it for a few days and see if I'm as lucky as others. But I think I'll be lugging around a dead laptop, drives and cables for the rest of my holiday.

Unless someone else has a better idea?

Nov 3, 2013 1:47 AM in response to Blewyn

Same problem and solved. In my case I just opened the MBP (8 philips screws in the back) and remove the batery conector for about 30 seconds (1:45 of this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJvOoSKlPfM). After connect the batery and close MBP the green light on the charge came back and MPB works.

ps: shutdown the OS and disconect everything before open your MBP. :-)

Jan 18, 2014 8:51 AM in response to Rodrigo_Soares

This worked for me, had to leave the battery disconnected for a few minutes and then reconnect the charger while the battery was disconnected. Turned it on with mains charger only and it worked. Turned it off, reconnected the battery , closed it up and it worked.

One symptom might be worth noting was a very faint green light on the charger, not sure what this means but might be useful to someone.

Thanks for all previous comments.

Dead MacBook Pro !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.