Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does it take to restore

My last phone got stuck in a reset loop and I wasn't able to save it and I now have an iPhone 5. I am restoring it from iCloud but it is taking ages. I started it 7-8 hours ago now.. Does anyone know how long restoring an iPhone can take..?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 11:12 PM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2013 1:33 AM in response to mende1

Thank You

The back up size that it is restoring is 708.4MB.. So far all my apps are back but there are no photo's or music.. Im guessing I just use iTunes to put my music back on but I had over 1000 photo's could this be why it is taking so long..?

Every time I go into storage and backup in settings it still says This iPhone is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done..

I am connected to wifi so out internet connetion is strong too..

Will it ever finish..? Also if I leave my house will it interrupt restoring my phone..? Should I just stop the restore or would it be finding my photo's..?

I am a little confused..lol

Mar 10, 2014 5:42 PM in response to Bangerz73

I just created an account so i could post an update on here.

my name is arron and i am 29 years old. I just happen to be a computer repair tech as well.

The majority of you are having problems because of the lack of power to the usb port you're using.

try this.

try plugging it in a desktop pc usb port on the back of the tower.

front usb ports are less reliable and do not posess the power.

hope this helps!

How long does it take to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.