Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Teaching kids how to create and design apps.

I would like to teach the children in my class (9 to 11 year olds) how to design and create simple apps for iOS, are there any ready made lessons/ resources/ platforms or help out there?

We have a set of iPad 2's and we are looking to teach more computer science in school but I am having trouble finding help out there as it's quite a new area we are looking into. With the younger kids it's difficult to find things that are accessible for them; I don't want to limit them in what they can do because they are young. I am planning for them to take a load of electrical things apart in the next few weeks to get some knowledge of actual circuit boards within items - we have investigated and learnt about elecricity in our science lessons and I want to challenge and inspire them.

Is there any help out there for this?

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 12:26 PM

There is no easy way of scripting. Scripting is hard. And, to publish apps, you have to have a developer account at developer.apple.com. I think it is like 20$ a year. To have the scripting program, you have to have a mac and the tool is at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xcode/id497799835?ls=1&mt=12 It is free.

2 replies

Teaching kids how to create and design apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.