Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the "new iPad" and I have not been able to download the iOS 6.1. Every time I try it gives shows that "an error has occurred while trying to download" - I've tried turning it off and on, signing out and in of my ITunes and App Store. Help!

I have the "new iPad" and I have not been able to download the iOS 6.1. Every time I try it gives shows that "an error has occurred while trying to download" - I've tried turning it off and on, signing out and in of my ITunes and App Store. Help!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 5:55 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2013 6:41 AM in response to Mia5602

Sorry, yes iTunes on your computer.

When I updated my iPad 3 and iPod Touch 4th generation to iOS 6 a few months back, I was able to update the iPad effortlessly over WiFi. but I kept getting error messages when trying to update the iPod over WiFi, so I used iTunes on my MacBook Pro.

Connect the iPad to the computer, launch iTunes. Select the iPad under the devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update

If you are using iTunes 11, go to View>Show Sidebar at the top - so the sidebar is visible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.