Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does restoring to factory setting mean

I am having a problem with my previously ulocked iPhone 4 - while downloading/installing an iOS 6.1 update, the phone froze with a USB-cord-to-iTunes picture. The only solution the iTunes is offering is to restore it to the factory settings. I am not sure if that will even help, but if it does - what would I lose by going back to the factory settings? Better yet, how can I get the phone back to life? Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 4:25 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Aylian

hi there! well when you plug the phone into iTunes does it come up with a restore button as well as a update button like this?User uploaded file

if it does try the update. let iTunes download the file. but if that doesn't work then you'll have to press restore witch will set the iPhone to factory default, removing all your settings and files like songs and photos. also when trying to fix this you'll have to upgrade to the latest iOS and the latest iOS for the iPhone 4 is iOS 7.1.2. hope this helps you!

What does restoring to factory setting mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.