Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with two VGA monitors running on a MAC Mini 2.5 i5 Late 2012

I recently ditched my PC after seeing the abomonation that is Windows 8, and bought a brand new MAC mini. I have two VGA monitors. One it connected to the Thunderbolt port (via the adapter supplied in the box). The other is connected via a HDMI to VGA convertor.

I cannot get the monitor connected to the HDMI port to work. I have tried switching monitors around and two different HDMI to VGA convertorsUser uploaded file.

I called Apple and after running though various tests over the phone they said VGA monitors were not supported on the MAC mini via the HDMI port (using a convertor). This was contary to what I was told by the Apple Store salesman in the Teesside Park Apple store in the North East of UK.

Anybody have a solution to this problem ?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 10:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2013 10:31 AM in response to Silvertop1

VGA is analog and is not supported by the HDMI port. Your best bet is to update one or both of your monitors to one(s) that have both HDMI and DVI. That way you can use one on the HDMI port with a straight HDMI cable or the Apple provided HDMI to DVI adapter and a DVI cable. Plus then other monitor could use the Thunderbolt/Display Port to HDMI or DVI adapter and also be on a digital instead of analog connection.

Problem with two VGA monitors running on a MAC Mini 2.5 i5 Late 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.