Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what macintosh had a floppy disc and disc drive?

I used to have a macintosh of some sort, ( it had the rainbow logo ) and I got rid of it because it was broken beyond repair. now I regret doing that because I miss its antique feel and would be interested in finding the serial number or at lease some sort of identification as to what it was called. I can't remember much other than it was a desktop and had color screen it was also that old yellowing plastic color so it had to be somewhat older. Anyone have any idea to what it could of been ?😕

Macintosh?-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 10:47 AM

9 replies

Feb 16, 2013 12:55 PM in response to Yakatori_san

You should spend some time browsing Everymac. Their view of 'by year' goes all the way back to 1984:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/by_year/index-macs-mac-clones-by-year.html

The system you describe could be aboslutely anything going all the way back to the Macintosh II. Here's one random one I pulled up, an LC III, that might jog memories - if not, keep browsing:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_lc/specs/mac_lc_iii.html

Mar 21, 2013 11:31 AM in response to Yakatori_san

I have, and currently use & love, a Macintosh Performa 6360 . It had the separate HD with Floopy Disk and Disc Drive . Because of a programme I was using, I never upgraded to the System 8 but it is my understanding that it was capable of running 8. Since I also have an iMac 17 " Flat Panel that someone wants to buy, I purchased a 21.5" iMac - Big mistake - the 21.5 doesn't have the flexibility of the screen, no more Appleworks, etc . so I go back to the iMac 17" Flat panel. Rarely use the iMac 21.5" as I think its geared more to business whereas the others were for everyone. You can find info on the Performa 6360 at http://www.everymac.com/systems/by_year/index-macs-mac-clones-by-year.html. Before the Performa, I was using the Mac Classic II but sold it because of the tiny screen.

Hope this helps you find what you are looking for.

Mar 21, 2013 11:36 AM in response to edex67

Is there any great Value to a Macintosh 6360 running System 7 capable of running 8 ?. I've been trying to find a connecting cable to connect to a newer more energy efficient Monitor the HD has pins and of course the newer Monitors are USB .

Performa is still in good working order and still used along with 2 iMacs - one 17 " LDC that I like and a newer 21.5" purchased a year ago that I don't like other than it has a bigger screen for my aging eyes..

Mar 22, 2013 7:34 AM in response to malfan

Newer monitors are not USB. Many are either DVI or HDMI which cannot connect to an old Mac without spending a lot of money, but many monitors still have VGA inputs and can connect to an old Mac with it's 15-pin connectorwith an appropriate adapter. Such adapters are getting hard to find but can still be tracked down.

Regards.

Apr 12, 2013 9:58 AM in response to Yakatori_san

In 1992 I bought A Macintosh llVX because it was the first mac available with a CD drive. The CD disk was placed in a caddy (a container about the size of a CD storage case ) which was pushed into the CD slot located below the floppy slot..

From MacTracker

The IIvx was aimed directly at the mid-range market. It introduced a new case design (the first case built with an internal CD-ROM), and ran on a 32 MHz 68030 processor with a 68882 FPU. However, the 16 MHz bus made it roughly equivalent to a 25 MHz IIci. The IIvx cost $2,950 U.S.

User uploaded file

what macintosh had a floppy disc and disc drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.