Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it saying that I may have insuffecient privileges to start the Aple MObile Device Service whe I unistall and reinstall the 64 bit version of Itunes on my PC?

I am trying to update my sons iphone and Itunes was not recognizing it in the panel as a device, so I read the support instructions on this and follwed all the directions. I first tried to just go to services on my computer and stop and restart the Apple Mobile Device Service, but that did not work. So I uninstalled all Itunes and apple and Bonjour and Quicktime programs from my computer and am attempting to download Itunes back onto my computer and I am getting this warning message that Apple Mobile Device cannot download b/c I may not have priveleges. What does that mean and how do I get past this to get Itunes back on my computer? I need the AMDS in order for Itunes to sync my phones and Ipad. So why isnt it letting me download it? Help!!!!!!

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 1:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2013 11:34 AM in response to Klykes

It seems you have not admin privileges on your pc. However, to circumvent that try the following. Right click your favorite browser and choose run as admin. Download the computers appropriate itunes version (32 or 64 bit) from apple's website. Again right click the downloaded installation program and choose run as admin. This should install it.

HTH

Why is it saying that I may have insuffecient privileges to start the Aple MObile Device Service whe I unistall and reinstall the 64 bit version of Itunes on my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.