Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio issues in iMovie 11

I have a real problem. I've added background music to a project. I was able to get in the timeline and adjust the audio levels just fine in the first piece of music. But it wasn't long enough, and when I added a second piece of music, the only place i can adjust the audio level is in the inspector. In other words, it won't let me get into the audio track in the timeline and make individual adjustments as I was able to do in the first song I added.

Any ideas?

I'm running version 9.0.8

Many thanks,

Phil Rogers

Chicago

iMac intel core duo, MacBook Pro 2Ghz Intel core duo, iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 1:24 PM

7 replies

Feb 16, 2013 1:50 PM in response to Phil Rogers

I just read my original post and I wasn't very clear. On the second background music clip (and I tried it also with a third) I don't get the yellow box. Plus, when I hover over the music level line in the audio track, I don't get the little arrow thing that allows me to grab the line. ONLY in the first music background track to I get these.

Feb 16, 2013 1:57 PM in response to Phil Rogers

I would suggest adding your audio by dragging and dropping on the exact frame where you want it to start, rather than adding to the background. (Well, it does not have to be "exact" because you can adjust it later. You just want it on the clip instead of in the background.)

The audio should appear below the video strip, instead of in the background.

Feb 16, 2013 2:10 PM in response to Phil Rogers

Hi Phil,

I tried out what you said your problem was and realized that I had the same issue when I tried to have two sound tracks on the same project. I messed around with it for a bit trying different things a discovered that if you have the second track on the project like this

User uploaded file

instead of like this

User uploaded file

You can use the slider to adjust the volume. To do this you just drag and drop the sound track over the video clips instead of the background.

Hope this helped.

George

Audio issues in iMovie 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.