Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wiki page taking priority over web page?

I just did a re-install of the OS and server. Seems to be working fine, but there is a strange issue I have never had to deal with before.

I started the Websites service and it's working fine. Then I started the Wiki service, and it works fine. However...

with the previous setup for the server, I could go to my domain name and it would bring up the web site page. If I wanted to access the wiki, I had to go to my domain.com/wiki/projects/wikinamehere --which is how I want it to work.

But now, if I have the wiki service turned on, going to my web site address domain.com, I get the login screen for the wiki and other documents. If I turn the wiki service OFF, I can then type in my domain.com address and it pulls up the web page like I want it to.

So, if I have the wiki service on, it seems to be over riding and taking precedent over the websites services/files. If I turn the wiki service off, it works just fine.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix this?

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 2:46 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2013 11:10 AM in response to kb8wfh

If an http(s) request comes into your server, because the DNS system sent it there, it first checks if you have a web host set up for that domain. For example: www.mydomain.com will be handled by the Web service if you set up 'www.mydomain.com' under the Web tab in Server.app. I usually also set up 'Additional Domains' to reflect the top level 'mydomain.com' as well.

Now, if DNS points to a host on your server that is not explicitly handled under the Web services tab then it will fall back onto the Wiki server or at least that's what it appears to do for our OS X Servers.

So, my advice, and this is what we do, is set up DNS to point wiki.mydomain.com to the IP address of your server but DO NOT set up a Web services tab for wiki.mydomain.com.

Works for us!

wiki page taking priority over web page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.