Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best college courses app for Ipad?

Hello there,

I am looking into buying an ipad to help me with my collage courses management, + I travel a lot so, I could use that time to study, and I was wondering if there is an app that could let me manage my couses( by course, and course number) + I am studying Power Eng. so we mostly write on paper, so when I take notes from my friends most likely I will take pictures of the couses, so I was wondering if there is an app that can help me manage the courses and help me highlight or note anyting important in the pictures that I will take as well as digital documents (pdf, doc, etc...)

Thank you.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 5:14 PM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2013 5:23 PM in response to cristinicu

The iwork apps will be similar to microsofts word, excell and powerpoint. There's no real folder structure on iOS like on a computer.

For note taking, adding photo/audio/web clips, you might want to look at evernote.

http://evernote.com/

you can create folders for different classes with this app, but only for the notes. (I believe)

Its a cool app though

Feb 16, 2013 5:34 PM in response to cristinicu

I'd suggest checking out the app store for some of the more advanced notebook type apps. Many of those combine the options for input from free hand writing, sketching, typed text, and dicated text.

Look at some apps like

Note Anytime (which is currently free and is something I'm becoming very impressed with)

Remarks

Pen & Paper

Notability

Noteshelf

Notebook+

Note Taker HD

Upad

and numerous others that I'm just not familiar with.

Personally, I make a big distinction between word processing type apps for writing via keyboard, and note taking apps that allow me to enter text by hand/stylus and keyboard. The two types serve different purposes.

If you need a free office suite type app, there is one called Smart Office 2 that is interesting - its a bit offbeat in terms of layout and organization of functions & features, but its free and can work with word/excel files.

You really need to go through some reviews and app descriptions, try some if there is a free or lite version. You have lots of choices, but which one is best suited to you is impossible to say.

What is the best college courses app for Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.