Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert margin notes

I want to construct a document with short notes in the left margin summarizing the content of the paragraph to the right. I know I can make it look that way using columns but I'd like to have the marginal comments linked to the paragraph to make editing easier. Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 4:35 PM

You don't want to use Comments?

Menu > Insert > Comment

Or insert Layout Breaks with dual columns to divide the text horizontally.

Peter

13 replies

Feb 18, 2013 11:26 AM in response to Peggy

I stayed with Safari 5.0.5 until last saturday for 2 reasons. One was that the spell check in the jive reply boxes still worked with that version. Second that didn't have to sign in to the forum many times a day which I have to with this version, 5.1.7. I had to upgrade due to some streaming video gave me problems lately which resolved by upgrading the browser.

Feb 18, 2013 1:37 PM in response to fruhulda

fruhulda,

You are absolutely right. None of the discussion has anything to do with the original question. At the same time it is also much more interesting than the original question. I will be stopping e-mail notifications to my address only because my wife is beginning to look at me strangely when I rush in with the latest update. I will choose to comfort myself believing that this little thread about virtually nothing will just keep bubbling along without my presence.

insert margin notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.