Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete events in iCal that I was invited to

I accepted invitations to a couple events and now I want to delete them (they are recurring also). When I open these events specifically, there is not an "edit" button to select, then delete as with other events.

The person that invited me has canceled the events and sent me that notification. When I opened the notifications of the events being deleted, it did not do anything to my calendar events.

This is happening on both an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5 and both have the most up-to-date ios.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 9:39 PM

3 replies

Jun 26, 2013 8:00 PM in response to mchorn

I struggled with this for a long time and it drove me nuts!! Whether this is the right way or not, here is what worked for me:

1. Create a new calendar (I called mine "stuff to delete")

2. Open each event you want to delete. Go to "edit" and switch it to the new calendar you just created.

3. When you're done moving all of your unwanted events, simply delete this calendar. If this makes you skittish, simply turn the viewing off for this calendar.

Hope this helps!

Debbie

can't delete events in iCal that I was invited to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.