Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery Mode Loop on iPAD 3

Hello Guys,

Recently i upgraded my ipad 3 from ios 5.1.1 to the latest ios, i.e 6.1, via Settings>General>Software Update

After the update my ipad is stuck on recovery mode. I have tried many methods to exit from recovery mode but it just goes to the apple logo for 6-7 seconds and back to the recovery mode..

Please help.

Thanks.

iPAD 3-OTHER, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 1:53 AM

6 replies

Feb 17, 2013 3:10 AM in response to nick2300

Seems to be a failed update. You will need to restore the device in iTunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

If that doesnt work, turn off the tablet while connected to USB. Press and hold the lock and home buttons for 10 seconds and continue holding the home button until the device is seen in recovery mode in on the PC. Entering DFU mode to force restore without loading the OS may take a few tries, make sure the screen is blank when recognized.

Good luck

May 27, 2013 1:06 PM in response to Techmadness

@Techmadness - will yours or any fix work while getting restore error code (-1) on the iPad 3, which Apple service claims to be hardware damage?

I just turned it on two days ago (no software/firmware updates done, no new apps installed, no nothing) and it went mad rebooting every 30-40 seconds. No luck with restore options, different computers, iTunes, etc. Have not tried to download .ipsw file yet (dl right now), but every other way was just a waste of time, even third-party software like TinyUmbrella, Ireb, etc.

Funny, the warranty expired just a month ago...

Recovery Mode Loop on iPAD 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.