Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 9: How do I extend regions (takes) in an audio folder?

Hi all

I would really appreciate some help with this, it seems to be such a simple problem.

I have a take folder in a Logic project, containing a number of vocal takes for a verse of a song.

User uploaded file

Unfortunatey, I accidentally cropped the end of the folder too short, so it has clipped the ends of all the recordings.

With an individual region, this is not a problem. You can drag the end of the region outwards, and it will extend again to include all of the original sample.

However, when I try to do this with the folder, only the top layer extends, but all the takes in the folder remain the same length:

User uploaded file

It is not possible to extend the layers below the folder, becuase the tool tip automatically changes when you hover over them.

If I open up the sample editor for each of the takes, the original sample is still there, just not selected. But, I can't adjust the region from within the sample editor becuase the Region -> Selection option in the Edit menu is greyed out.

User uploaded file

Surely there must be a simple solution to this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 6:50 AM

Hi

You need to turn off Quick Swipe comping mode: click hold on the arrow at the top right of the Take Folder or click on the "comping " button.

CCT

2 replies

Logic 9: How do I extend regions (takes) in an audio folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.