Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files don't copy correctly from one computer to another

When I try to copy a file from my MacBook Pro to my I Mac, using Finder, it always asks for a password (my other computers don't do that) and it only copies an empty file

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 6:49 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2013 7:16 AM in response to sig

Actually, all files. Pictures, data files of all types, .pdf files, all of them.

I just set up a new I Mac, migrated all my files, apps and data to it from my MacBook Pro Retina, and use both computers for accounting work, so I need to copy files back and forth. I have a folder on both called Files and I keep all my data files in that folder and copy it back and forth. I can copy from the IMac to the MacBook Pro, no request for a password, etc, but when I try to copy anything from the MacBook Pro to the I Mac, it requests a password and it only copies a shell of a file with -0- bytes of content, in other words, name only. Sure would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thanks

Files don't copy correctly from one computer to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.